Recommended Items to Bring to a Bird Hunt
What to pack on your bird hunting trip:
(In addition to your regular bird hunting kit)
- Camouflage is a must. Advantage Wetland, Fall Flight, Shadow Grass are all good patterns for our area.
- White camouflage or overalls for snow goose hunting.
- Face masks - Both white and camouflage facemasks.
- Cooler - If you are planning on taking birds home, you must either bring a cooler or arrangements can be made for us to purchase one for you either before or after arrival in camp.
- Ammunition - You may bring your own or you may make arrangements for us to order it for you. Expect to shoot a minimum of 2-3 boxes a day. We suggest BB's for geese and # 2 or #3 shot for ducks.
- Coffee thermos.
- Hip waders.
- Calls - Canada, Speck and duck calls.
- Shotgun plug - For semi automatics, you are only allowed 3 rounds in the gun, 1 in the chamber and 2 in the magazine.
- Rain gear.
- If hunting later in the season, warm weather clothes would be a good idea.